Thursday, April 9, 2009

As the semester comes to a close...


Well, this has been a pretty good semester; Krista and I have thoroughly enjoyed our first winter as a married couple. Needless to say, it was certainly better than last winter! haha

The weather is finally beginning to heat up a little bit here in Provo. I have been keeping a close eye on what has been going on in California and Denver and I must say that I have been mostly jealous about how things have looked there in comparison to here. At least this week is going to be warm (even though it will also be wet...darn it.)

Krista and I are just getting ready for finals now, and finishing up the final touches on the big end-of-the-semester-projects that are always inevitable. I think we are going to make one final "hurrah!" in the Library on Saturday to finish up some papers and ultimately turn our focus from school work to final-exam preparation. woopie.

Fortunately, finals are not looking too daunting this semester. I asked Krista if she was worried about any of her finals and her confident reply was "not really." As for me, I feel pretty good about finals as well. Probably not as confident as Krista, but I have come to the decision after three years of college that all I have to do is study a little bit, then take the final, and then just forget about it because the grades usually take care of themselves as long as I just put in the time. I don't know if this is a good realization, or just a resignation, but either way I am going to be really happy when I finish that last test. I am sure that Krista will too :)

Football has been going well, with one minor glitch: I tore my MCL in practice a week ago so I won't be able to finish out the practices. Luckily it was only an isolated MCL tare and nothing happened to other, more vital parts of my knee, such as the ACL, PCL, or Meniscus. The final verdict? I am out of practices for a couple of weeks, and I am rehabbing my knee so that I will be 100% by the end of June. I should be absolutely great when Fall camp rolls around, so that's all that really matters!

We had a visitor this week. Bryce Carpenter (Krista's older brother) is on his way to BYU-I and he stopped here for a few days to spend some time with us as well as a "special someone" who is attending school here. Actually, I have a feeling that the visit was more for her all along, but it was still really fun to have him with us these last couple of days.

Well, that's all.

2 comments:

Sarah Osborne said...

Hola Allettos! It was fun to hear some updates. Good luck on finals!! We'll all be glad when they're over :)

The Kelly's said...

That's for sure! I'm glad everything is going well with you guys! Except for that darn MCL.. But you're right, Nick, it could definitely be a lot worse! Good luck getting better and both of you good luck with finals. Sigh, allllmosstt over! :)